Thames & Hudson
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Hardcover | 25.5 x 1.1 x 25.5 cm | 60 pp
Thames and Hudson | 2009 | 9780500514757
This delightful children’s book draws on the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, presenting some fifteen famous works of art in a fun and novel way. Each reproduction is prefaced by a page with a cutout circle that gives an intriguing glimpse of the painting that lies beneath, encouraging the reader to cast aside preconceptions and really engage with the image. This is a very special gift book that will appeal to all children over the age of five.
Table of Contents
1. The Flower Garden, Matthias Darly, 1777
2. ‘The Souper Dress’, based on a work by Andy Warhol, c.1966 3. The Fortune Teller, Georges de La Tour, 1630s
4. The Innocent Eye Test, Mark Tansey, 1988
5. The Sixteen Luohans, Wu Bin, c.1590
6. A Fox Dance from the Drama The Thousand Cherry Trees, Ippitsusai Bunchô, c. 2780
7. Lair of the Sea Serpent, Elihu Vedder, c.1899
8. Last Self-Portrait, Andy Warhol, c.1986
9. Navagunjara, a Universal Form of Krishna, traditional Indian work, c.1835
10. Dancers Practising at the Bar, Edgar Degas, 1877
11. The Royal Allied Oak and Self-Created Mushroom Kings, William Heath, 1815
12. Madonna, Salvador Dali, 1958
13. A Goldsmith in His Shop, Petrus Christus, c.1449
14. The Titan’s Goblet, Thomas Cole, 1833
15. Composite Camel with Attendant, Iranian, Safavid period, 16th century
Orders are normally shipped within two working days.
We have four shipping rates based on the overall weight of the order.
Light - £1.95
Standard - £3.95
Heavy - £5.95
FREE - Orders of £75 or more
The rate is calculated at checkout
Orders are despatched within 2 working days.
Delivery normally within 2 days of despatching.
If you require faster delivery please email us.
For shipping to destinations outside the UK please email us to request a quote.